Sunday, October 18, 2009

Query: Gammon family

I have been working on the GAMMON family for a little over a year and have searched every which way with no ancestors found beyond what I will list.

The last Gammon in my family was Lois Emmer GAMMON (5 Jan 1855 Portland, ME - 1923 WI). Her parents were William Whitney GAMMON (23 Apr 1812 Paris, ME) and Phebe Ann CHAMBERLAIN (6 Apr 1823 Waterford, ME). William's parents were Moses GAMMON Jr (1780 Paris, ME) and Abigail GOSS (1783 MA). Moses Jr.'s parents were Moses GAMMON Sr (abt 1750 MA) and Silence. I have no other information about her. I know that Moses Sr. was in the Revolutionary War and received a pension.

I am hoping to find Moses GAMMON Sr's parents and possibly the maiden name of his wife Silence.

Thank you for your time and help.

Kim Slaughter
E-Mail: kslaughter68@yahoo.com

No comments: