Monday, April 28, 2008

"The Pine Cone and Tassel" ceases publication

The following was received from Debbie Roberge, editor and publisher of "The Pine Cone and Tassel" newsletter:

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that “The Pine Cone and Tassel” will cease publication.

I want to thank the subscribers who have been with me since the beginning, many of whom I have met personally. Your cards, notes and letters over the years have kept me going. As well as your thoughts and prayers for my daughter-in-laws recovery have been appreciated as she continues (and almost over with) treatments.

But I must discontinue publication of the PCT for I, like all of you, can not keep up with the rising costs of, for example, gas to do research trips around the state and not pass it on to my subscribers.

The newsletter was started with the intention of being a reader generated newsletter with fill ins of information I found on research trips. Believe me, I really enjoyed finding the information to fill in those pages between the covers. But also with more and more information on the Internet for free, less and less people wanted to pay for a newsletter that couldn’t guarantee them the information they were looking for.

This was not the news I had promised in the last issue of Volume 5 that will also have to be discarded. I am not leaving genealogy all together, for I still have two projects out there, one on the Civil War and the other on the plantations of Maine as well as my own family history.

Thank you once again for being a part of my life and helping the PCT to grow.

With deep regrets,

Deborah E. Roberge
Editor and Publisher
The Pine Cone and Tassel


We at MGS thank Debbie for her contributions to Maine genealogical research and her efforts at publication genealogical information for a wide variety of researchers.

No comments: