Special 2009 offerings include:
10:00 "There's a long, long, road a-winding, but you CAN get there from here-ah". Sarah Crockett will share some of the lessons learned from her experiences.
11:00 "Organizational Tips for Genealogists" will be presented by Carolyn Browne.
1:30 "Brick Walls: A Panel Discussion" moderated by Janet Weymouth is just the place for help with your questions like - where should I look? what's next? or ___? Panelists will be Jerry Gower, MF-1790s contributor and Washington County expert; Kay Marsh, Kennebec Valley family researcher; and Carol McCoy, noted genealogical researcher and national presenter.
Not to mention -
- Representatives of various societies including Penobscot County Genealogical Society, the recently formed Sidney Historical Society and Vassalborough Historical Society, plus others will be at the fair to share with you information about the valuable resources offered by their societies.
- Debbie Roberge will be available to show you all the ins and outs of the RootsMagic software. While at the Fair, check with others to see which software they prefer.
- Celeste Hyer, MGS Membership Secretary, will be available for Maine Genealogical Society related questions.
- Check out what's offered by the Maine Old Cemetery Association (MOCA).
- Family association representatives including Roland Rhoades, who will share the latest Rhoades updates along with listings of Universalist & Unitarian ministers in Maine.
- Janice Gower will be sharing her extensive knowledge of the Woolwich area and the expertise she has gained compiling may sketches for the Maine Families in 1790 project.
- If you have Maine roots you will likely need to know about Franco-American research. Clair Poulin from the Maine Franco-American Society (their library is in Auburn) and Taconnett's own Franco expert, Bob Chenard, will be available to help with the unique aspects of this type of research.
- Ancestry outside of Maine? Check with Barbara Gunvaldsen experienced Scandinavian genealogical researcher.
For more information, visit their website at www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~metfcmgs - or you can email email@example.com - or call (207) 873-5590.