Friday, October 21, 2011

Blaney - Washington County Area

I have been trying to find the true death date for a family member John Lindsay Blaney a longtime resident of the Woodland Community in Baileyville. He was a well known blacksmith who worked for the St. Croix paper company making and repairing tools. He also worked on his own making fine razors, knives, and axes for local residents. He was born 10 Dec 1881 in Little Ridgeton, NB in Canada and immigrated to Maine on 26 Apr 1907. He was married to Edna Elizabeth Clark.

I have a death date of 12 March 1943 but his grave marker in the St. Stephen Rural Cemetery in St. Stephen , NB is marked 1945. I have paid the state of Maine archives $45 and they tell me there is no record of his death. I find that hard to believe and have asked the St. Croix Public Library to see if they have a record of the obituary in 1943 or 1945 (not an online record) with no word yet.

Do you have any suggestions on how to find his true date of death. I have copies of death certificates for both his daughters and his wife. I find it hard to believe there is no record in the State of Maine Archives for the death of John Lindsay Blaney.

Robert Munroe, Dallas , TX

No comments: